Today, we announce a wonderful partnership with our friends at the Arizona Department of Emergency and Military Affairs (DEMA), creators of the Emergency Kit Cook-Off. We want you to create an Emergency Kit Cook-Off recipe around our “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” theme. So lets dust off those aprons, get creative, and lets cook!
** A reminder, today requires an extra step in submitting your responses. Please be sure to read the entire entry.
DAY 13 ACTIVITY:
Specifically, we challenge you to:
2 Pts – 1) create a recipe that uses at least one Featured Ingredient and only nonperishable pantry and kit items
2) use manual tools (e.g., can openers and hand whisks) instead of modern appliances–especially microwaves–in the preparation. Use the oven and/or stovetop if you must, BUT we challenge you to use safe, alternative heating sources if possible.
This year’s Featured Ingredients are:
- Cracker Jack
- Peanuts (any variety)
- Canned corn as in “can of corn” or a high, easy-to-catch fly ball.
- Potato as in a “tater” or a homerun.
- Pickled vegetables (any variety) as in “caught in a pickle” or a rundown between the bases.
PROOF OF COMPLETION:
There are TWO parts in completing today’s task:
- Go to EmergencyKitCookoff.org
- Click the “Submit a Recipe” button in the upper right corner of any webpage.
- Submit a Recipe according to the guidelines outlined under the “Participate” tab at EmergencyKitCookoff.org/participate.
- After submitting your recipe, you will be asked to tweet about your participation. Copy & paste the following into the message field:
I created an Emergency #KitCookOff recipe for #30days30ways. Join the fun & submit your recipe to http://bit.ly/1lAavoG
- Share “I created an Emergency #KitCookOff recipe using nonperishables for #30Days30Ways” on our Facebook page at facebook.com/30days30ways or tweet us at @30Days_30Ways
- or Share your answer directly to the comments of the 30Days30ways blog
- or Email your answer to email@example.com
EVERYONE who submits a recipe to www.EmergencyKitCookOff.org during National Preparedness Month and provides a mailing address will receive an Emergency Kit Cook-Off apron, while supplies last.
LETS START A CONVERSATION! Add the following “Twibbon” to your Facebook, or Twitter Profile Picture!! Thanks to our friends at Sacramento County Office Emergency Services, with a couple clicks you can show your support for National Preparedness Month!! Click the picture to add the Twibbon to your accounts!!
You have until 11:59 p.m. on Sept. 30 to complete this and all other tasks. Each day will have a separate theme topic and you may provide as many submissions as you would like. Thanks for playing along with us. We are so encouraged by seeing folks improving their readiness, which is the primary goal of this preparedness campaign.
30 Days, 30 Ways will award its prizes at the end of the September based on most points accumulated throughout the entire challenge. Gift cards will be awarded based on winners and donation funding. There will be at least 2 grand prizes awarded in October for best overall creative entries for the month.
Thanks for playing and supporting one of the wonderful partnerships we’ve established through this game!
Contest rules and more information on the #30Days30WaysChallenge can be found here:
Note: If you are receiving this via email, go to www.30days30ways.com to answer