Its May… and time for our 5th Monthly Challenge for 2017. We hope these monthly challenges allow you to look closer at your own preparedness and start a conversation with loved ones, family and friends in how to be better prepared.
You cannot go a day without almost without hearing a report of someone’s account getting hacked. In fact according to some of the info-commercials out there, someones personal information is stolen about every 43 seconds! Identity Theft and Cyber-security have become real concerns for every individual More and more of us use the conveniences of online shopping, and bill pay, for everything from fitness, to grocery shopping. Today most of all the transactions we do are with plastic which has made it easier for hackers to find ways to target our accounts.
There are lots of recommendations out there how to keep your personal information safe. From safeguarding your personal information on paper, online and your devices, to changing passwords and using different passwords for different accounts. There are even services out there providing basically an insurance plan in monitoring to help keep your information safe. This month we want you, without giving too many details, share information and practices you have found and use with others taking this challenge.
Examine Your Answers:
- Give suggestions on services methods to keep passwords safe.
- Share ideas on how to get set up with alerts on your accounts.
- Share information regarding resources to help someone strengthen their online security.
- Share how you identify scams and how you ensure you do not fall for them.
- Give suggestions on how to keep information backed up safely.
Finally…. take this time to change your passwords!!
Included is a link from the Federal Trade Commission regarding Consumer Information to get you started!
PROOF OF COMPLETION: There are 3 ways you can complete this task:
- Put your answer on our Facebook Fan Page or
- Provide the answer on Twitter (Please include @30Days_30ways or hashtag #30Days30Ways in any tweets
- Email us at info@30Days30ways.com
We suggest all comments and response be made on the 30Days30ways Facebook page to help stir a conversation, however you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org