The Emergency Kit Cook-Off challenges you to be an inspiration and submit a fall recipe with a fitness twist! Preparedness is a way of life, and during September, Kit Cook-Off is highlighting a food theme of “Fall Fitness.”
Fuel your fitness with a recipe like baked apples with cinnamon and walnuts, quick-roasted acorn squash, canned chicken with apple-thyme sauce and more! Prepare a recipe that you would eat and enjoy if you were asked to shelter in place or make dinner during a power outage.
DAY 17 Challenge:1-3, or 5 pts
1. Re-invent a recipe with a fitness twist, using at least one Featured Ingredient and only nonperishable items.This year’s Featured “Fall Fitness” Ingredients are;
- canned pumpkin
- canned or dried apple
- canned squash
Pantry items such as canned goods (fruit, vegetables and meats), seasonings, condiments, sweeteners, and potable water are good ideas.
2. Use manual tools (e.g., can openers and hand whisks) instead of modern appliances— especially microwaves— in the preparation. Use the oven and/or stovetop if you must, but we challenge you to use alternative, safe heating sources, (grill, campfire) if possible.
PROOF OF COMPLETION: There are special steps to complete today’s task:
Submit your recipe by following these steps:
- Go to EmergencyKitCookoff.org
- Click “Submit” to review the challenge guidelines
- Select the “Submit a Recipe” button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Include a photo of your delicious finished product with your submission. When you click “Submit a Recipe,” you will see the “browse” button. Click this to include your photo. Please include a photo that is less than 100 MB and is in png, jpg, or jpeg file format, so we can showcase your “Fall Fitness” creation. A picture snapped with your smartphone will do just fine.
ALSO BE SURE TO:
- Put your answer on our Facebook Fan Page or
- Provide the answer on Twitter (Please include @30Days_30ways or hashtag #30Days30Ways in any tweets.)
- Email us at info@30Days30ways.com
Find Allies: Recruit friends and family members to play 30 Days, 30 Ways…. Build Your Network!! Each day a person you recruit completes a 30 Days 30 Ways task, your points double for that days task. The more individuals you convince to play, the more points you can earn for each days challenge.
You Have until MIDNIGHT on September 30th to complete this task. Contest rules and more information on the #30Days30WaysChallenge can be found here:
Note: If you are receiving this via email, go to www.30days30ways.com to answer.