Emergency Preparedness is a never-ending activity. Once you have your basic needs taken care of, you will often find yourself thinking of additional items to add to your supply kit, a different way of doing something, or new information to share with others.
DAY 28 Challenge:1-3, or 5 pts Today, we want you to make your own personal “to do” list for tasks and items you still have left to complete to feel fully prepared for any emergency or crisis situation. Try to identify at least 3 more things you could and should do to enhance your personal preparedness. Consider the following areas:
- Family Emergency Plan
- Emergency Preparedness Kit
- For Yourself, Loved Ones and Pets
- For Your Vehicles
- For Your Office
Evaluate How You Stay Informed:
- Access to TV & Radio (that is not reliant on electrical power)
- Telephones (make sure cell phones are registered to receive emergency alerts)
- Text Messaging
- Social Media
- NOAA Weather Radios
Exercise, Exercise, Exercise! (and we don’t mean on the treadmill)
- Conduct drills & exercises with your family or at work(fire alarm, duck & cover, evacuation & relocation)
- Schedule a maintenance routine for how often you update your preparedness & stored items
- Put those skills to the test! Test your skills by volunteering to make a difference in your local community.
Level Up: 5 pts Whether you have been playing along since the beginning or you’re just getting started, you are in the emergency preparedness zone. Tell us How you’re going to continue your momentum!
Find Allies: Recruit friends and family members to play 30 Days, 30 Ways…. Build Your Network!! Each day a person you recruit completes a 30 Days 30 Ways task, your points double for that days task. The more individuals you convince to play, the more points you can earn for each days challenge.
PROOF OF COMPLETION: There are 3 ways you can complete this task:
- Put your answer on our Facebook Fan Page or
- Provide the answer on Twitter (Please include @30Days_30ways or hashtag #30Days30Ways in any tweets.
- Email us at info@30Days30ways.com
You Have until MIDNIGHT on September 30th to complete this task. Contest rules and more information on the #30Days30WaysChallenge can be found here:
Note: If you are receiving this via email, go to www.30days30ways.com to answer.