You cannot go a day without almost without hearing a report of someone’s account getting hacked. In fact according to some of the info-commercials out there, someone’s personal information is stolen about every 43 seconds! Identity Theft and Cyber-security have become real concerns for every individual More and more of us use the conveniences of online shopping, and bill pay, for everything from fitness, to grocery shopping. Today most of all the transactions we do are with plastic which has made it easier for hackers to find ways to target our accounts.
There are lots of recommendations out there how to keep your personal information safe. From safeguarding your personal information on paper, online and your devices, to changing passwords and using different passwords for different accounts. There are even services out there providing basically an insurance plan in monitoring to help keep your information safe.
DAY 19 Challenge:1-3, or 5 pts For today’s challenge, we want you to share some general steps and recommendations you do to keep your identity and personal information safe. Please keep your responses general to protect your important information.
Level Up: 5 pts For today’s level up,
- Give suggestions on services methods to keep passwords safe.
- Share ideas on how to get set up with alerts on your accounts.
- Share information regarding resources to help someone strengthen their online security.
- Share how you identify scams and how you ensure you do not fall for them.
- Give suggestions on how to keep information backed up safely.
Finally…. take this time to change your passwords!!
Find Allies: Recruit friends and family members to play 30 Days, 30 Ways…. Challenge your family, your place of work or school, your place of worship, your neighborhood and your community to take the 30 Days challenge! Build Your Network!! Each day a person you recruit completes a 30 Days 30 Ways task, your points double for that days task. The more individuals you convince to play, the more points you can earn for each days challenge.
PROOF OF COMPLETION: There are 3 ways you can complete this task:
- Put your answer on our Facebook Fan Page or
- Provide the answer on Twitter (Please include @30Days_30ways or hashtag #30Days30Ways in any tweets.
- Email us at info@30Days30ways.com
You Have until MIDNIGHT on September 30th to complete this task. Contest rules and more information on the #30Days30WaysChallenge can be found here:
Note: If you are receiving this via email, go to www.30days30ways.com to answer.