For years we have mentioned the importance of have some emergency cash on hand, in small bills, just in case of an emergency or disaster happens. However one thing that COVID shed light on, was the importance of having not just a little emergency cash being stashed away for short-term but the need for actual Financial Preparedness.
60% of households will experience at least 1 emergency each year!! Big or Little, the costs of an emergency can stack up quickly. Today, more than ever, it’s important to be prepared for the immediate AND the long-term costs you may face no matter the size of the emergency or disaster!
DAY 20 Challenge:1-3, or 5 pts For today’s challenge, we want to start by ensuring you have emergency cash on hand.. It’s recommended that you have at least $300.00 in small bills, just in case. We don’t need to know how much, or where you have it… but let us know you have emergency cash on hand.
Level Up: 25 pts Today’s Level Up may take a little longer to complete depending on how organized you may be, so it’s also worth MORE pts, but its worth taking some time and at least START pulling it together.. Remember, you have until the end of the month to complete each challenge so you have plenty of time to work on this one….
Think about what you will need to provide your insurance if an item is lost or damaged:
- Proof of ownership, value, appraisals, receipts, etc
- Make/model and serial numbers
Gather your Important Documents and Information:
- Drivers license, passport, social security card, birth certificate, federal/state/tribal ID)
- This includes pets! Photos, microchip information, vaccinations, licenses, etc
- Wills, trusts, marriage license, estate information
- Insurance information
- Banking information
- Medical information
- Asset information (titles, deeds, leases, etc)
- Records of all current finances and payments (utility bills, loans, credit cards)
Take Pictures of Everything!
- Before and after pictures for damage claims
- Pictures as proof of lost items for replacement
Again…we do not need to see your items, or know where or how you have them stored, but be honest, and creative in letting us know where you are in having these items backed up and together in case of an emergency or disaster
Find Allies: Recruit friends and family members to play 30 Days, 30 Ways…. Challenge your family, your place of work or school, your place of worship, your neighborhood and your community to take the 30 Days challenge! Build Your Network!! Each day a person you recruit completes a 30 Days 30 Ways task, your points double for that days task. The more individuals you convince to play, the more points you can earn for each days challenge.
PROOF OF COMPLETION: There are 3 ways you can complete this task:
- Put your answer on our Facebook Fan Page or
- Provide the answer on Twitter (Please include @30Days_30ways or hashtag #30Days30Ways in any tweets.
- Email us at info@30Days30ways.com
You Have until MIDNIGHT on September 30th to complete this task. Contest rules and more information on the #30Days30WaysChallenge can be found here:
Note: If you are receiving this via email, go to www.30days30ways.com to answer.